Monday, October 10, 2011

MY FIRST SIGNED COPY!

There are a lot of things I love about Twitter. One of the things I love the most is interaction with authors. Many authors have Twitter accounts, and actively communicate with their fans. Kudos to them! (This makes us love you more!)

Three weeks ago author Irene Hannon (a Christian author writing intriguing novels combining faith and action, a lovely feel-good recipe) hosted a little competition on Twitter, giving away a signed copy of her new book, Deadly Pursuit.

As a social worker with the Department of Social Services, Alison Taylor has a passion for protecting children and seeing that justice is served on their behalf. But now it seems she needs protecting. Someone is making harassing phone calls and sending her bizarre gifts. When her tormentor’s attentions take a violent turn, she calls in reinforcements. Her brother, Cole, comes to her aid, along with his new partner, Detective Mitch Morgan. As her relentless stalker turns up the heat and the danger intensifies, Mitch takes a personal interest in the case. Because protecting Alison has become more than a job; his future depends on keeping her safe. - as per Irene Hannon's website.

I thought I'd enter, not exepecting much (I'm a very positive person, but I don't win a lot of competitions). Low and behold, I won! This weekend I received my prize in the mail!


I'm very excited about this for several reasons, the main one being that this my first signed copy of a book. I've been collecting books since I was very young, and I literally have hundreds, but as I live in South Africa I don't get to go to book signings and the like to have my favourite authors sign my books. Thanks Irene for giving me my first signed copy!


You can follow Irene Hannon on Twitter at @IreneHannon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Twitter

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...